- Desk Research refers to secondary research, which involves the summary, collation and/or synthesis of existing research rather than primary research, where data is collected from, for example, research subjects or experiments. Sometimes desk research is required in the preliminary stages of research to determine what is known already and what new data are required, or to inform research design.We at Seminal Research have a tailored approach towards your desk research requirement which comprises of searching for information using existing resources, such as the press, the Internet, analytical reports and statistical publications. This is then followed by cross referencing and the collation of data.
- Seminal Research offers a unique blend of experience and in-depth understanding of market specifics. Our key areas of expertise include:
- Market Research in Retail and FMCG - Market research including brand image research, advertising research, product concept testing, taste testing and mystery shopping are just a few areas of research covered by a wide range of projects we have carried out in the retail and FMCG market.
- Market Research in Service and Hospitality industry focusing on the quality of customer service, customer loyalty and eating habits are few areas where we have carried out the research.
- Market Research in Industrial production aimed at distribution channels and target groups, as well as market analysis covering price levels and market shares of major players.
- Market Research in Medical and Pharmaceutical market - Research into packaging concepts, medicine names, diagnosis and treatment regimens.
- Seminal Research has extensive experience in conducting desk research projects using various tailor-made analytical tools to ensure a fast extraction of the desired data with minimum time consumption. Many companies, including large international clients from APAC, EMEA and LATAM region have derived real business benefits from Seminal’s desk research capabilities.Value for the ClientIn addition to the statistical database, Seminal Research provides an analytical report that includes a summary of the research results. The result of the research allows us to provide the client with business recommendations. Using SWOT analysis and other tools, we evaluate the client’s new concept offer. We also identify the barriers to entry, related to the new concept for that market. Furthermore, we describe the optimal communications strategy necessary both to guide their efforts to increase sales and to adapt it to the customers’ needs.
JMD Megapolis (IT Park)
Unit - 907-911
9th Floor, Sohna Road,
Sector 48, Gurgaon (Haryana), India
Ph: (+91) 124 2848100